Sporting accidents are one of the most common causes of dental injury and as dentists we see many dental injuries which could have been avoided or minimised by wearing a protective custom–made mouthguard.
The cost of an injury (or of missing school or work) from not wearing a mouthguard, or from wearing an ill-fitting one, far exceeds the cost of a custom-fitted mouthguard.
A2Z Dental Clinic can construct varying types and thicknesses of mouthguards, depending on your age and sport. Unlike store-bought trays, our mouth guards will:
- Fit snuggly over the teeth
- Allow you to speak and drink water more comfortably while wearing the guard
- Provide better protection during trauma
- Help protect against concussions
- Protect the lips against lacerations
- Protect the teeth against cracks and fractures
To make a mouthguard we take an impression of your teeth and create a model of it. A custom-made mouthguard is manufactured in our lab by our technician using the model. The result is a snug fitting, coloured mouthguard, which can be picked up on the same day.
Mouthguards should be checked regularly and may need to be replaced, as your child’s face develops, or as your tooth structures change or the mouthguard gets damaged.
Call us to book your mouthguard appointment.