We’re big believers in helping children develop good oral hygiene habits now, so that they can look after their teeth and smile in the future.
Every member of the family, and especially children, should have a comfortable and positive experience when visiting A2Z Dental Clinic. To encourage this, we welcome young children to visit our practice with their parents, to sit in the “magical” dental chair, and to feel familiar with our practice and our team before their first dental examination.
It’s important to care for baby teeth as they play a vital role in oral health and the development of your child’s smile, jaw, and facial structures. Your child’s eight front baby teeth will generally fall out around the ages of 5-8. Their remaining baby teeth will then be lost at around 9-13 years old and replaced with adult teeth.
We recommend children have their first dental appointment at around two to three years of age, or when they are old enough to understand how to sit relatively still in the dental chair and follow the dentist’s requests of opening and closing their mouth for short periods of time.
Common treatments for our A2Z child patients include:
- Oral examinations for assessing dental health and identifying future dental care needs
- Scale and cleaning with our oral health therapist
- Fluoride treatments for strengthening teeth when necessary
- Sealing teeth to protect them from decay
- Educating children on how to care for their teeth and why
- Composite resin fillings (white fillings)
- Fitting custom mouth guards for optimal sports protection
- Orthodontic care including braces, plates and retainers
Families eligible for treatment under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule are entitled to subsidised treatment up to the limit set by the Government.
Contact us to make your child’s dental appointment.